[keycloak-user] How do I integrate with a SAML federation

Hannah Short hannah.short at cern.ch
Mon Jul 29 04:32:09 EDT 2019

Hi Stephen,

Was just browsing past threads. You’ve probably solved it by now but hopefully this helps others!

We are using a SATOSA proxy to integrate with eduGAIN, which acts as an Identity Provider to our Keycloak instance: https://github.com/IdentityPython/SATOSA

In addition we use PyFF to handle the metadata: https://github.com/IdentityPython/pyFF

The benefit of using these tools is because they are maintained by the eduGAIN community and natively support many of the quirks found in Identity Federations (both technically and in terms of trust and policy).

Cheers,
Hannah