[keycloak-user] Keycloak sign secret HS256 JWT

Stef Graces stef.graces at nubera.be
Mon Jul 29 09:01:30 EDT 2019

Hi,

I’ve been trying to create a static website with role based access. To achieve this, I use a HS256 signed JSON-web token, which is verified by the site using the shared secret.
However, I have been unable to find this secret. I have tried the method described in this email: https://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/keycloak-user/2018-December/016818.html <https://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/keycloak-user/2018-December/016818.html>, But I have been unable to verify the token I received from Keycloak using many different tools.
Can I retrieve the secret somewhere else or is there a way for me to create a secret myself for signing JWT’s using the HS256 algorithm?
Note: to host my website I am using a service that only supports HS256 signed JWT’s.

Kind regards,

Stef Graces