[keycloak-user] How to handle timeout for external IDP providers

Bruce Wings testoauth55 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 05:50:15 EDT 2019

I have configured external SAML IDP (Okta) with keycloak. Now one of my the
apps(unchangeable) is directly connected to same SAML provider & need SAML
token when it's api is called from my app. Since keycloak provides a way to
retrieve SAML token through  API :

/auth/realms/myRealm/broker/ping/token

I have obtained this SAML token and used for my API. But there is 1 problem.

Supoose expiry time of SAML token is 1 hour. And keycloak refresh token
expiry is 2 hour. My keycloak OIDC token will remain valid till 2 hours and
following URL : /auth/realms/myRealm/broker/ping/token    will keep giving
expired SAML token (from 1 hour to 2 hour).

What is the best way to go around this issue?