[keycloak-user] Help to use Keycloak to test SSO feature in our application

preethi nandakumar preethinanduk at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 00:26:02 EDT 2019

Hi Folks,

 I'm new to this group. I'm an automation engineer by profession, the
project that I'm working on requires the SSO feature introduced in our
application to be tested. Initially we had plans to use okta but then it
was decided to use some open source. I assumed keycloak would serve the
purpose to me (I'm complete novice, please correct if I'm wrong).

How we have used okta: we would configure our applicaton in it , add
required users, groups etc. Then we would configure the wellknown url of
okta application in our application. So the sso in our application would
redirect to okta.

Now I want to replace the same with keycloak. I brought up the local host ,
created a realm , user and client. I assumed the client in keycloak is
similar to applications in okta. So configured the redirect url to my
application. But when I configured the well known url of keycloak in my
application it is not working.

https://localhost:8443/auth/realms/demo/.well-known/openid-configuration.

Please advice if my decision is right and if so what is that I'm missing in
the configuration

Thanks and Regards,
Preethi