[keycloak-user] Autenticating Applications AND users

Rémi GOYARD r.goyard at groupeonepoint.com
Sat Jun 8 01:25:06 EDT 2019

Hi guys,

We have a Keycloak installed and configured to authenticate our users on a realm.
Our users are logged in on a single page application (react application) then we pass the token to a backend application (using HTTP authorisation header) and it works fine !

We have other services / applications (like cron jobs) that need to connect and access the backend application, those services do not have any users.
Today we authenticate those services with a single key/value hosted in config files (shared between services and backend app), but we would like to make this applications authenticated on the backend via Keycloak, creating clients on the same realm.

I could not find a way to do it in the documentation (or I did not search well) or on Google … The only way I found was to pass the credentials of the logged in user to other services, but as those services (like cron jobs) are not initiated with a user, how is it possible ?

Is it possible to authenticate applications with Keycloak ?

If Yes does anyone can give me a link or anything that can help me  ?

Thanks

Rémi