[keycloak-user] Spring Security and KeycloakRole (GrantedAuthority) Implementation

Pedro Igor Silva psilva at redhat.com
Tue Jun 25 14:14:25 EDT 2019

Hello All,

I would like to know from those using the Spring Security Adapter if we can
do a very simple change to the KeycloakRole type which is used to represent
roles granted by Keycloak.

The change [1] is all about changing the equals method to support any
instance of GrantedAuthority (parent) instead of KeycloakRole instances
only.

The reason I'm asking is that in GrantedAuthority docs there is a comment
[2] that made me wonder if we could potentially break any existing
deployment relying on the current implementation of equals, where an exact
match of KeycloakRole instance is expected.

Please, let me know your feedback. I'm OK with the proposed changes but I
would like to hear more feedback before we accept the changes.

[1] https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/pull/6113
[2]
https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-security/blob/master/core/src/main/java/org/springframework/security/core/GrantedAuthority.java#L42

Regards.