[keycloak-user] Service account token mappers?

Gary Kennedy gary at apnic.net
Thu May 2 02:18:06 EDT 2019

I want to use a service account token to call the admin API (for it's realm) and have discovered that the token needs the "resource_access" claim (with appropriate "realm-management" roles).

I don't want user tokens generated through the client to have the claim (unless absolutely necessary).

How can I get mappers to only apply to the service account token? Or find the mappers used for the service account tokens?

If I add the client roles mapper to the client I still don't get the "resource_access" claim in the service account token.

(Keycloak 4.8.2)

Cheers,
Gary