[keycloak-user] obtaining token when using identify broker

Tim Dudgeon tdudgeon.ml at gmail.com
Wed May 8 05:08:56 EDT 2019

Apologies again if this was already answered, but my subscription to the
ML keeps getting cut and there is no archive to check!

How can I obtain a token in the following scenario:

1. My keycloak realm is set up to manage users with identity brokering
(e.g. in a browser they would login through GitHub, Google etc.)
2. I have a public client in that realm that has REST API that requires
access to be authenticated
3. I want to access that API using curl or other CLI tool so need to
provide an access token.

How can I get a token?

Thanks
Tim