[keycloak-user] How to change subject of mail

Łukasz Dywicki luke at code-house.org
Thu May 16 08:50:22 EDT 2019

You need to create your mail theme and attach it to realm.

Theme must have own messages_en.properties with following keys:
- emailVerificationSubject
- identityProviderLinkSubject
- passwordResetSubject
- executeActionsSubject
- eventLoginErrorSubject
- eventRemoveTotpSubject
- eventUpdateTotpSubject

Each of these have also "Body" and "BodyHtml" variant (ie.
passwordResetBody, passwordResetBodyHtml) which determine mail contents.

See more here:
https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/blob/4.8.3.Final/themes/src/main/resources/theme/base/email/messages/messages_en.properties

Cheers,
Łukasz