[keycloak-user] Keycloak 4.3 could not use sssd federation after upgrade to Fedora 30

Bruno Oliveira bruno at abstractj.org
Fri May 17 16:30:05 EDT 2019

Hi Patrick, sssctl user-checks will help you to make sure that
everything is working as expected for SSSD. Although, the communication
between Keycloak and SSSD happens over DBus and we rely on other
packages like described here[1]. Some troubleshooting might be
necessary. I'd try dbus-send and pamtester to validate the setup.

Another thing that might be helpful is to isolate the problem. I'd
recommend to try Fedora 29 + Keycloak 4.3 and later Fedora 30 + Keycloak
4.3.

[1] - https://www.keycloak.org/docs/latest/server_admin/index.html#_sssd

On 2019-05-12, Patrick Dung wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was using Fedora 29 with Keycloak, FreeIPA and sssd on the same machine.
> After upgrading to Fedora 30. All service can start normally but sssd
> federation is not loaded when Keycloak is started. It is missing from the
> list for user federation. It only have LDAP and Kerberos authentication to
> choose from.
>
> On the problem local machine, I can run "sssctl user-checks admin -s
> keycloak" without problem.
>
> Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
>
> Patrick

abstractj