[keycloak-user] Custom Theme error message {{notification.header}} {{notification.message}}

Aaron Echols aechols at bfcsaz.com
Thu May 23 12:42:55 EDT 2019

It sounds like you accidentally applied the 'base' theme. The 'base' theme
shouldn't be a selectable theme in the properties, it's required for other
themes, but should be hidden in the UI. I had this issue as well in the
master realm and locked myself out. To resolve it, do the following:

* kcadm.sh config credentials --server http(s)://server/auth --realm
<realm-name> --user <user>
* kcadm.sh get realms/<realm-name> > <realm-name>.json
* vi <realm-name>.json

Look for the following in the json, and modify the line that has the base
theme in it:

"loginTheme" : "keycloak",
"accountTheme" : "keycloak",
"adminTheme" : "base",
"emailTheme" : "keycloak",

* kcadm.sh update realms/<realm-name> -f <realm-name>.json

https://www.keycloak.org/docs/latest/server_admin/index.html#realm-operations

--
Aaron Echols