[keycloak-user] [UMA] Access a protected resource by using a link

Fernando Mayoral fernando.mayoral at practiv.com
Wed Nov 13 23:49:23 EST 2019

Hello!

We have a product on which we create a protected resource (called orders)
in keycloak and we secure access to it by using a UMA as described by uma
authorization process
<https://www.keycloak.org/docs/7.0/authorization_services/#_service_uma_authorization_process>
.

When the user drops from the system before they submit their order (i.e.
the order is incomplete) we want to be able to send them an email with a
link to the user so they’ll be able to get automatically authenticated and
authorized so they can continue working on this protected resource.

Does keycloak provide this kind of functionality out of the box?
(i.e. given a link with some sort of long-lived token, get authenticated
with keycloak and redirected to some arbitrary url)
Is there any recommended way to approach this?

any hints would be greatly appreciated.