[keycloak-user] keycloak is accessed over HTTPS, but loads AJAX resources over HTTP

mn at fstrk.io mn at fstrk.io
Thu Nov 14 11:30:15 EST 2019

I deployed a Keycloak instance in a docker container on Heroku. The app
is being served by Heroku load balancer over https.

The JBoss server options I provide are as follows:

-Djboss.bind.address=0.0.0.0 -Djboss.http.port=$PORT

However when I access the admin console I have this error in the browser:

===

The page at
'https://xxx.com/auth/realms/fasttrack/protocol/openid-connect/auth...
was loaded over a secure connection, but contains a form that targets an
insecure endpoint
'http://xxx.com/auth/realms/fasttrack/login-actions/authenticate?....
This endpoint should be made available over a secure connection.

===

why is that? How does Keycloak make a decision to request content over
HTTP when it was served over HTTPS?

Maybe there are some server settings I am missing?

As for setting "Require SSL=None" in the Keycloak admin panel - I
already did that. That didn't help.

--
Михаил Новиков
Ведущий разработчик