[keycloak-user] [UMA] Submitting Permission Request

sesnor.silva at sapo.pt sesnor.silva at sapo.pt
Fri Nov 15 14:31:25 EST 2019

Hello,

I'm trying to implement a frontend interface for requesting
permissions to resource owners, however I'm having trouble
understanding what a "permission_ticket" is.

According to the documentation
(https://www.keycloak.org/docs/latest/authorization_services/#_service_authorization_aat), a permission request requires a "ticket=${permission_ticket}" parameter. How do I obtain this ticket? Can I build it
myself?

The previous section states: "The resource server sends a response
back to the client with a permission ticket and a as_uri parameter
with the location of a Keycloak server to where the ticket should be
sent in order to obtain an RPT."  But I'm not sure how I make my
API/Resource Server do this.

Can I request access to a resource owner through any another method?

Thank you,
Silva