[keycloak-user] Keycoak ldap user sync

Samy Otero sotero at psdrcs.com
Wed Nov 27 12:01:26 EST 2019

Hi all,

I am trying to sync users between keycloak and ldap (openldap). After
testing the connection I am able to pull users from ldap to keycloak and
successfully proceed with the login flow on my app.

The issue I am facing is when I am trying to create new users on keycloak
and map (create) them into the ldap server. I already mapped all the ldap
attributes I need and the user gets created but without a password. Every
time I tried to set for the very first time or update the password on
keycloak, it throws an error message.

Is there a particular way to map the password attribute from keycloak to
ldap?
Is there any other steps I need to take in order to achieve the password
creation?

Cheers

Sam

--