[keycloak-user] keycloak theming - Realm name instead of logo in login page

Stan Silvert ssilvert at redhat.com
Mon Sep 30 07:59:02 EDT 2019

On 9/30/2019 7:08 AM, Wilfried Anuzet wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I just have a little question about theming keycloak.
> I copy the default theme folder and modify a bit the css and logo to make a
> custom login page.
First, I would suggest that you extend the theme rather than copy it.
Then you only have to copy and modify a few files.
> After I import the newly created theme I apply it and it works well for the
> master Realm, but when I apply this theme to another Realm I've the Realm
> name that appears on the login page instead of my logo.
>
> How can I make my logo appears instead of the realm name ?
> Is it something to configure in keycloak ? or a property to change in the
> theme.properties ?
Look at the HTML Display name for Master in General realm settings. You
will see that its value is <div

For a newly created realm, HTML Display name will be blank, so you
probably want to fill that in.  You can see how it gets the image if you
look at div.kc-logo-text in login.css.