[mod_cluster-dev] [Fwd: Re: releasing mod_cluster-1.0.0.Beta2]

Paul Ferraro paul.ferraro at redhat.com
Tue Dec 9 12:15:18 EST 2008

It's annoying that replying to a posting on this list replies to the
sender, rather than the list.  I'll bug helpdesk about it.
More below...

On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 11:06 -0600, Brian Stansberry wrote:
> Paul Ferraro wrote:

Makes sense.

> > * Moving jvmRoute to the mod_cluster config - and setting the engine
> > property dynamically.
> >

> A year or two ago in another context I mentioned setting the jvmRoute
> dynamically. Remy said it wouldn't work or was a bad idea; don't recall
> the details. Somewhere in the Design of Tomcat Integration forum.

I had a hunch that this would not be straight forward...
This begs the question - if the user will have to edit server.xml anyway
- why bother with dynamic lifecycle listener registration and the like?