[mod_cluster-dev] Disabling of webapps

Bela Ban bela at jboss.com
Mon Dec 22 11:11:59 EST 2008

Thanks that was it...

Now to different issues:

If I start cluster nodes 1 and 2, then create a session on (say) node2
and kill node2 (CTRL-C), I can see that the contents of JBossCache on
node1 have the session in memory.

However, when I do a reload of the web page, I don't fail over to node1,
but instead get an empty web page. If I hit reload long enough, there is
a failover ca 60 seconds later. The contents of the session are still
okay, so they were replicated fine.

So I assume httpd redirects me to node1 because its timeout (60 secs I
guess) removed node2.

However, when node2 goes down, it should tell httpd to remove node2 from
the cluster and not direct requests to it !

This is with Beta2.

#2 "localhost:8000/status" doesn't work anymore, I get 404s. This works
with the 'all' config, modified for mod-lcuster ! The weird thing is
that I don't even restart httpd, but simply start a different JBoss
config ! Is the 'status' application dependent on the JBoss AS side ?

If I do a telnet localhost 8000, then info and <return>, I do get the
status information...

#3 When I restart httpd, all hell breaks loose and the JBossAS instances
don't seem to be able to reconnect to httpd.

Should I create JIRA issues for these problems, with steps to reproduce ?

--
Bela Ban
Lead JGroups / Clustering Team