[mod_cluster-dev] mod-cluster and kill -9

jean-frederic clere jfclere at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 08:24:58 EDT 2009

On 08/10/2009 11:28 AM, Bela Ban wrote:
> OK, I'll try this out. In my case, the failed worker didn't seem to be
> removed after 10secs,

The httpd logic won't remove the worker it will just mark it as in error
(Which you can't see with the actual mod_cluster-manager see
MODCLUSTER-92) and you need a request that goes to the node to have the
status updated.
In the logic that checks for removed nodes it would be possible to ping
nodes that haven't been updated after a timeout (no STATUS for while)
and decide to remove them based on the result of the ping.

Cheers

Jean-Frederic