[mod_cluster-dev] Excluded contexts

Paul Ferraro paul.ferraro at redhat.com
Mon Jan 26 12:08:51 EST 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 17:28 +0100, jean-frederic clere wrote:
> Paul Ferraro wrote:

> >> Enable ROOT context by default is probably not a good idea. every
> >> requests will go to JBoss and probably will return 404.
> >>
> > Why would there be any requests for these webapps via httpd at all?
>
> ROOT corresponds to / so everything will be rooted to JBoss by default.
> I am not sure that is a good default.

I realize this, *and* I'm saying that this is the prime use case - that
the context most users will want load balanced is the root context.  No
requests for any of the other contexts would ever be made from httpd -
if somebody did, a 404 is entirely appropriate.
I'll keep ROOT excluded until you're thoroughly convinced... ;)