[mod_cluster-dev] clustered mod_cluster's?

Marek Goldmann marek.goldmann at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 04:59:27 EDT 2009

Hi all,

One of JBoss Cloud users asked me about possible clustering of our
front-end appliances. This in real is the question: can we have
multiple mod_cluster instances that share state between them?

If this is possible how I can configure it? If this is not possible
now, is it maybe in roadmap?

This could greatly enhance HA of web clusters. How? For example we
have an Elastic Load Balancer in Amazon. It doesn't support sticky
sessions and it just forwards requests to selected instances. If we
could for example forward it to two our clustered front-end appliances
we could achieve great failover.

Thoughts?

--Marek