[mod_cluster-dev] Show cluster in mod-cluster-manager ?

Bela Ban bban at redhat.com
Tue Jul 6 09:23:40 EDT 2010

jean-frederic clere wrote:
> On 07/06/2010 02:55 PM, Bela Ban wrote:
>> A domain shows that it has node1, node2, node3, but that doesn't
>> necessaily mean that node[1-3] really formed a cluster !
>
> So you mean you want an additional information in the
> /mod_cluster-manager and have something like:
> Node1:
> Balancer: mycluster,Domain: dom1,cluster: cluster0,...
> Node2:
> Balancer: mycluster,Domain: dom1,cluster: cluster0,...
> node3:
> Balancer: mycluster,Domain: dom1,cluster: cluster1,...
> or node3:
> Balancer: mycluster,Domain: dom1,cluster: ,...

The information should also show the node in the cluster, e.g.
Node1:
Balancer: mycluster,Domain: dom1,cluster: cluster0 [Node1,Node2]
Node2:
Balancer: mycluster,Domain: dom1,cluster: cluster0 [Node1,Node2]

We should make sure though that mod_cluster_manager doesn't get
overloaded with this information... node names can get long !

> Correct? ... How could we get that information? In the STATUS MCMP?

Brian, Paul ?

--
Bela Ban
Lead JGroups / Clustering Team