[mod_cluster-dev] Workers disconnecting from httpd proxy

Bela Ban bban at redhat.com
Tue Jun 8 06:42:04 EDT 2010

When a worker is killed because the virtaulized instance on it is shut
down, the mod_cluster_manager app still displays the worker as healthy
for about 5 minutes before removing it. However, I confirmed that the
worker is dead by pinging it (which failed).

Is there a timeout parameter that I can set to have the httpd proxy
remove a failed worker sooner ? KeepAliveTimeout apparently is used for
closing idle connections, but not for detecting dead workers, so this is
not the option I'm looking for.

Besides: isn't the JBoss master supposed to unregister failed workers ?

--
Bela Ban
Lead JGroups / Clustering Team