[mod_cluster-dev] Linux distro packages for mod_cluster

jean-frederic clere jfclere at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 03:25:08 EDT 2010

On 03/23/2010 07:49 PM, Paul Ferraro wrote:
> During a mod_cluster discussion at the recent clustering team meeting,
> someone raised the question of creating mod_cluster rpm/deb packages for
> inclusion in various non-commercial linux distros (e.g. Fedora, Debian,
> etc.) as a way to boost the project's visibility.
>
> Jean-Frederic, I know you've been working on integrating mod_cluster
> with httpd trunk.  What is the release schedule for httpd 2.4?

The integration is still in a very early stage the slotmem stuff is in
the trunk but it is a bit different to the one we use (and need).

>  If not
> for a while, does it make sense to pursue creating/maintaining separate
> mod_cluster packages for various key distros for use with current httpd
> 2.2.x packages?

each distros uses it own version of httpd it is not very difficult to do
once a box have the distro installed.
Once you have Debian and Fedora  the others are easy to get.

Cheers

Jean-Frederic