[mod_cluster-dev] mod-cluster domains

Bela Ban bban at redhat.com
Fri Jan 28 03:55:20 EST 2011

Hey guys,

quick question:

Say I have domains D1 and D2. I create a session S, say it's created in D1.

I have cluster replication between D1 and D2 *enabled*. So any changes I
make to S will be replicated to all nodes in D1 and D2.

Now I kill all nodes in D1.

My question is, when removing the D1 nodes and forwarding requests to
D2, will mod-cluster (a) create a new session in D2, or (b) use the
existing jsessionid (S) ?

I think it's the latter, as mod-cluster just sends cookies, isn't it ?

What I'm trying to achieve is for the data to be replicated *across*
domains, so that when all nodes in D1 fail, failover to D2 will still
have my data available...

Thoughts ?

--
Bela Ban