Best practices bayeux/http

Tom Hastjarjanto tom at intellicode.nl
Wed Jul 29 19:54:26 EDT 2009

Hey guys,
I was just wondering what would be the best way to architect a web
application using both static, dynamic and bayeux requests. From the sample
apps I figure I build my own handler extending simpleupstream handler and
depending on the content of getMessage I serve either the static or dynamic
content.

When it comes to the bayeux request I figure this has been processed already
in the decoder phase, how can I customize the bayeux response, would I need
to edit the contents of the result I get from getMessage? The sample
application only shows when messages send by the JS side automatically get
distributed among the other clients without custom processing of the request
by the application developer.

PS: found another bug, when I send a random get query without "message" it
fails with a nullpointer on line 91 (easy to see why), I supplied a patch to
fix this problem, however I don't know whether this is protocol or not, but
with the current code it seems that it is never possible to use the message
get query parameter for your own application, maybe it would be nice to be
able to map your bayeux code to only a certain url. I don't have enough
knowledge about the this though.

Cheers

Tom