bayeux4netty patch

Dai Jun guiwuu at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 04:16:48 EDT 2009

Hi Bob,

Welcome to Bayeux4Netty! I am very glad to have you joining the
Bayeux4Netty. Thanks for you patch and suggestion. Let's make it
better.

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 4:36 AM, Bob McWhirter<bmcwhirt at redhat.com> wrote:
> Howdy--
>
> Please find attached a patch for bayeux4netty.
>
> 1) JSONParser's parseToNumber() consumes the first non-relevant character
> after parsing a number.  By calling json.back() before returning, we put the
> character back on the stack.

These characters, '.', 'e', 'E', in number are not non-revevant
characters. They declare it is a real, which will be parse into Long
here. Do you mean when they comes for second time, they will be
treated as non-revevant characters? Currently in such case,  the
string is still parsed to number and throw a Exception in method
Double.parseDouble(). Am I missing something? Or could you provide a
test case to reproduce your problem?

> 2) BayeuxMessageFactory assumes id is already a String.  I'm using Dojo
> cometd with jQuery bindings, and I'm finding that id parses to a Long.  So,
> just toString()'ing the id value to match the String assumption.

Thanks very much. I've merge it into trunk of bayeux4netty and add a
null checking.

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 11:20 PM, Bob McWhirter<bmcwhirt at redhat.com> wrote:
> Heya--
>
> Is the bayeux4netty stuff in a maven repository somewhere?  Or do I need to
> build from source at this point?

I have discussed it with Trustin. Both we think current codes need
completion and more testing. After that, it will be merged into
Netty's trunk. Now, we have to build from source, but we could speed
up this process.

>        -Bob
>        JBoss

Best regards,

Dai Jun or Danny Dai(in English) - http://guiwuu.googlepages.com
GTalk: guiwuu at gmail.com | QQ: 93409048 | MSN: guiwuu at hotmail.com |
Twitter: @guiwuu
Sent from Beijing, 11, China
Ogden Nash  - "The trouble with a kitten is that when it grows up,
it's always a cat." -
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/o/ogden_nash.html