java.net.ConnectException thrown

J. Mi jmi258 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 18:06:57 EDT 2009

All,

I get following exception pretty consistently when trying to concurrently
connect about 800 connections.

Any idea? Is this something out of Netty's control? If so, is there some
configuration I could do to JVM or operating system to increase resource
capacity?

Thanks,
Jason

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information
        at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(Unknown Source)
        at
org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioClientSocketPipelineSink$Boss.connect(NioClientSocketPipelineSink.java:381)
        at
org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioClientSocketPipelineSink$Boss.processSelectedKeys(NioClientSocketPipelineSink.java:351)
        at
org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioClientSocketPipelineSink$Boss.run(NioClientSocketPipelineSink.java:273)
        at
org.jboss.netty.util.ThreadRenamingRunnable.run(ThreadRenamingRunnable.java:113)
        at
org.jboss.netty.util.internal.IoWorkerRunnable.run(IoWorkerRunnable.java:53)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown
Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown
Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)