Structured message reading problem in Netty.

manishr22 manishr22 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 07:45:49 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am new to netty and tried writing netty-server as per my requirement
seeing various examples. But i am not getting the result correctly.

I am trying to write a netty server that can read the that will read the
message-structre from normal synchronous multi-threaded client ( say 10
client is sending 1000 messages each ) to the server.

By message structure i mean my client is sending the message in the format :

[MESSAGE 1-CLIENT 1]    message-length(first 4 byte) header length(next 4
byte) data (including

header and body as specified bytes of message length and header length)

[MESSAGE 2-CLIENT 1]    message-length(first 4 byte) header length(next 4
byte) data (including

header and body as specified bytes of message length and header length)

[MESSAGE 1-CLIENT 2]    message-length(first 4 byte) header length(next 4
byte) data (including

header and body as specified bytes of message length and header length)

[MESSAGE 2-CLIENT 2]    message-length(first 4 byte) header length(next 4
byte) data (including

header and body as specified bytes of message length and header length)

[For N number of client and N http://n2.nabble.com/file/n2682454/netty.zip
netty.zip  number of messages]

and now my netty server should read all the different messages from client/s
and do the proper message parsing and do some business operation.

How i can implement the reading of message-structure using netty.

I saw several example and implemented something in it. but its not giving
the appropriate result rather i am getting exception all the time.

The basic source code which i tried for this is also attached for reference.

Any suggestion and help with some sample code will be really appreciated.

Regards

Manish