Issue with Changes to DefaultChannelFuture (Beta 2)‎

Bob Buffone bbuffone at rockstarapps.com
Mon Apr 27 19:26:02 EDT 2009

<info>Excuse me if this message was already posted but I got an email saying
I sent it from the wrong email address.</info>

In the last beta code that was released; a change to the
DefaultChannelFuture is causing me some issues. The code for the await
methods (await() and awaitUninterruptibly()) where changed to include a
check for a deadlocking issue.

Code Committed - http://www.jboss.org/netty/community.html#nabble-td2681425
This is in response I assume for the Jira issue -
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/NETTY-140.

This changes as it is committed now means that you can't use the await**()
methods from inside any SimpleChannelHandler(s).  What I am doing in my code
is based on a particular incoming message.  I am building a connection to
another server to relay this information (if the connection isn't already
built). I was using an await**() method to well wait until the connection
was build so I could relay the information.

Was this change intended to remove this as type of scenario?  or was there
another issue?

Bob (Buffone)