relay streamer architecture suggestions

matt p matt at scanner911app.com
Tue Dec 22 02:15:25 EST 2009

Hello -

  I'm new to Netty & have been going over the examples today.

  I want to create a server which will relay an audio stream from another
server on demand.

  When the first user connects, it will start an
HttpClient/HttpClientResponseHandler combo to read from the audio stream
server.   Whenever there is data available, it will write that data to all
the connected clients' channels.

  What type of architecture should I use?     Any examples of this?

  How does this sound?

  The HttpClient's HttpClientResponseHandlers will have a channelgroup which
includes each connected client's output channel.

Thanks in advance -
Matt