Lack of performance

Trustin Lee trustin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 10:49:18 EST 2009

I've just checked in the fix for the problem you have reported.  Detailed
analysis of the root cause is described here:

  *  https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/NETTY-114
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/NETTY-114

I'm also attaching the modified version of your test application, which
fixes resource leak.  If you encounter too many sockets with TIME_WAIT
state, you might want to turn on 'net.ipv4.tcp_tw_recycle' in Linux.

Download:  http://n2.nabble.com/file/n2254178/test-fixed.zip test-fixed.zip

HTH,
Trustin

Trustin Lee-3 wrote:

> Hi, I was able to reproduce the problem and I'm currently looking into
> the problem.  The work around at the moment is to wait for the
> ChannelFuture returned by Channel.getCloseFuture() for each connection
> attempt.  Let me get back to you when this issue is fixed.
>
> Thanks!
>
> — Trustin Lee, http://gleamynode.net/
>

> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 8:28 PM, jaimemm <jaimemm at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Trustin,
>>
>> Please find attached the source code.
>>
>> Configure the client via the clientProperties file.
>>
>> I experienced lack of performance with 1 client, 10000 connections and 10
>> repeats.
>>
>> If un-comment the content of messageReceived method inside the Server
>> RequestHandler and configure the tester with: 3 clienta and 10000
>> connections I get the Exception of my other post.
>>

>> With regar http://n2.nabble.com/file/n2223728/test.zip test.zip ds,
>>

>> Trustin Lee-3 wrote:
>>>
>>> What version of Netty are you using?  Could you try the latest SVN
>>> snapshot?  How was the CPU / RAM consumption?
>>>
>>> Also, it would be great if you can provide something that lets me
>>> reproduce the problem by myself.
>>>
>>> — Trustin Lee, http://gleamynode.net/

-----
Trustin Lee, Principal Software Engineer, JBoss, a division of Red Hat
http://gleamynode.net/