documentation tips

Richard Jackson richard.jackson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 01:06:38 EST 2009

Thought I would let you know I just added my project that I'm getting
ready to start work on that will use Netty for both the client and
server side of things. Not much on the project site for now but give
me some time and there will be.

As stated in the JIRA issue I'm going to implement the OSGi
HTTPService specification using Netty. Currently I plan on supporting
as Much of the servlet 2.5 spec as I can (Some things just don't work
the same in the OSGi environment so some things will not be
implemented the same as in say Tomcat). I have actually already
started this project multiple times but have ran into issues with the
other frameworks I have tried to do this with. After looking over the
docs for netty it really looks like it will finally be the framework
that will get the job done :) Plus seems to have some added benefits
that I'm looking forward to playing with.

Richard