The recent new dependencies at netty ..

Trustin Lee trustin at gleamynode.net
Fri Jan 9 21:28:04 EST 2009

Hi Wesly,

They are all optional dependencies.  If you take a look into the
MANIFEST.MF, you will find all external packages are marked as
'optional'.  I confirmed that netty.jar is installed and started
without any external dependencies in Eclipse Equinox.

So, those dependencies are required only when you build Netty.  They
are not required at all when you just include netty.jar in the
classpath.  Please let me know if you encounter a problem due to
unsatisfied dependencies in runtime or compile time - if so, that's a
bug in packaging.

HTH,