OutOfMemory in HttpClient

Wesly smith weslysmith0 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 14:52:29 EST 2009

Gee... you asked a very similar question like mine.

In my case, I set the NIO selector loop number too high, such as 160 below,
and I sent in 1M content size message from client, and it caused
out-of-message on my setup.
  ChannelFactory factory =
    new NioClientSocketChannelFactory(
        Executors.newCachedThreadPool(),
        Executors.newCachedThreadPool(), 160);

But after I switch the default numbers (usually, the jvm pick up the core
numbers if you don't specify it), and I didn't see the out-of-memory problem
after I punched 100000 messages with each client message having
ChannelBuffer 1024x1024 bytes.