store client specific information

Trustin Lee trustin at gleamynode.net
Mon Jan 26 08:31:40 EST 2009

Hi miarkus,

— Trustin Lee, http://gleamynode.net/

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 3:59 AM, miarkus <miarkus at tlen.pl> wrote:
> Is there
> a chance that updating, retrieving and removing clients from
> ConcurrentHashMap will block each other as those operations will be
> performed quite often in short timeframe.

I think you need to profile your application to get the best answer.
Google 'Java profiler' :-)

> Moreover an executor will be
> connecting to local mysql to check credentials of some clients.
> Hypothetically how it can influence performance - should I expect vast
> performance degradation?

Assuming that you are using an ExecutionHandler, the bottleneck will
be the MySQL server.  Again, you need to run the performance test by
yourself, tune the whole system.  There are several techniques like
caching to reduce the latency caused by communicating with database,
but it's up to you.  :-)

HTH,