Implmenting http persistent connections

Trustin Lee tlee at redhat.com
Thu May 14 23:03:44 EDT 2009

Hi Milan,

Sorry for the late answer.  It was rather a simple question..

In Netty HTTP, you are using a persistent connection if you don't
close the connection explicitly.  Depending on the protocol version
you use, you might have to specify 'Connection: keep-alive' header,
but you don't need it since HTTP/1.1.  However, the server might close
the connection regardless what connection type you want (I guess you
already know about this.)

HTH,

— Trustin Lee, http://gleamynode.net/