Suggest Javadoc Bootstrap.setOption()

Frederic Bregier fredbregier at free.fr
Sun May 17 01:23:08 EDT 2009

Hi Hez,

I think it is almost there already.
In Bootstrap API doc, you have a link to ClientBootstrap and ServerBootstrap
API docs where those options are shown by example. As "child.x" is only
valid for ServerBootstrap, it is only in the ServerBootstrap doc.
Also, more options are shown according to the underlying network support
(again a link is provided) into ChannelConfig API doc (and then its
subinterfaces     DatagramChannelConfig, NioSocketChannelConfig,
ServerSocketChannelConfig, SocketChannelConfig, XnioChannelConfig).

Maybe you have something more in mind that could be useful for other users
like you did?
So please give your suggestion, I'm sure Trustin will do the update of the
javadoc.
Doc has always to be improved... ;-) Thanks to the feedback of the readers!

HTH,
Frederic

Hez wrote:

> Hi
> I was reading the Netty 3.1 User Guide, and it describes that we can
> prefix
> a "child." when setting option, so that the option is applied to the
> accepted Channels instead of the of the ServerSocketChanneloptions.
>
> For example:
>
> bootstrap.setOption("child.tcpNoDelay", true);
> bootstrap.setOption("child.keepAlive", true);
>

> I think we shall also describe this in the Javadoc?
>

> --
>
> Hez

-----
Hardware/Software Architect