Connection Speed And Bandwidth Calculation

Frederic Bregier fredbregier at free.fr
Sun May 17 03:07:24 EDT 2009

Hi Manish,

I would suggest you to take a look at the branch named "traffic" the handler
that is currently in progress (works ok for me on my project) that should do
what you want:
see at
http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/netty/branches/traffic/src/main/java/org/jboss/netty/handler/traffic/
svn branch traffic in handler traffic

The traffic shaper compute connection speed and some other data (through
TrafficCounter).
Then it allows to limit (or not) the speed of each connection (one by one on
a private computation basis) or globally (all channels will shared a "max"
bandwidth).

HTH,
Frederic

manish_iitg wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using netty, to create a backup application.
>
> I need to calculate the connection speed (and also reduce the connection
> speed) between client and server.
>
> I also need to calculate the total data data transferred between the
> client and server i.e  total bandwidth. Is there any efficient way to do
> this?
>

> Thanks
> Manish

-----