Decoders

Trustin Lee tlee at redhat.com
Mon May 25 05:12:07 EDT 2009

Yes, it's pretty easy, and it's great that you like Netty.

BTW, could you share us how you did what you wanted?  What I can think of is to insert a custom handler right after the HttpRequestDecoder (or HttpResponseDecoder) to transform HttpMessage into a new user-defined type.

I thought it might be interesting if the type of HttpMessage.content is not ChannelBuffer but Object.  Then it could make the transformation much easier.  However, a user will always have to down-cast.

Thanks,

- Trustin Lee, http://gleamynode.net/