Supported Protocols

Dai Jun guiwuu at gmail.com
Thu May 28 13:08:47 EDT 2009

Hi SUMIT,

There are a lot of protocol implements in Netty based on its codec
framework, which you can find in org.jboss.netty.handler.codec
package. They can be classified into two kinds: standard protocol
codecs and inner protocol codecs. I guess you want to know about the
former one. There are alreay three standard protocols in Netty, HTTP,
Base64, and Google Protobuf. BTW I am working on Bayeux codec, another
new protocol based on HTTP, which enable servers to send messages
initiatively.

If there is no codec you expect, you could implement one. It's not a
difficult work in Netty with our community^_^. I hope you will like
Netty.