Announcing LittleProxy 0.1 based on Netty

Adam Fisk a at littleshoot.org
Sat Oct 31 19:37:23 EDT 2009

I'd like to announce the release of LittleProxy 0.1, based on Netty.
LittleProxy is a basic HTTP proxy supporting all HTTP methods
including CONNECT.

LittleProxy's performance is comparable to mod_proxy, achieving almost
identical scores in Apache Benchmark on Windows and slightly better
scores on OSX, both running with Java 6 and Apache 2.2.x.

You can check out LittleProxy here:

http://dev.littleshoot.org:8084/display/proxy/LittleShoot+Java+HTTP+Proxy+-+LittleProxy

I built LittleProxy as a core building block of a distributed proxy
system that will be incorporated with LittleShoot
(http://www.littleshoot.org) to circumvent censors in countries like
China, Iran, Burma, etc. More on that soon.

If anyone wants to lend a hand, there's one significant outstanding
bug we could use some help with, described here:

http://dev.littleshoot.org:8081/browse/LP-1

LittleProxy is licensed under the Apache 2 license.

Thanks.

-Adam

--
Adam Fisk