How to control the Channel out of Handler object

Michael McGrady mmcgrady at topiatechnology.com
Tue Sep 15 20:08:33 EDT 2009

I think you want something like the following:

		DefaultHttpChunk chunk = new DefaultHttpChunk(buf);

		ChannelFuture future = e.getChannel().write(chunk);

		future.addListener(new ChannelFutureListener() {

			public void operationComplete(ChannelFuture future) {
				if (future.isSuccess()) {
				} else {
				}
			}

		});
On Sep 15, 2009, at 10:56 AM, olekg wrote:

> Hello,
>
> As I written in another thread I try to build Comet/Streaming
> solution with
> Netty. I have partialy chieved me goal for one-client connection.
>
> The idea for my application is to run timer in singleton object which
> updates all registered Event objects, registered in
> HttpRequestHandler. In
> other words when obtain messageReceived event I do not build the
> response.
> Instead I pass the Event object to be many times used to fill client
> with
> data.
>
> Unofortuanately I have lost the control over transmission erreors. I
> have
> the code :
>
>       DefaultHttpChunk chunk = new DefaultHttpChunk( buf);
>       ChannelFuture chf = e.getChannel().write(chunk);
>       if ( chf.isSuccess() ) {
>    	   System.out.println("Wyprowadzono porcję skryptu przez
> kanał.");
>       } else {
>    	   System.out.println("Error");
>    	   Throwable thr = chf.getCause();
>    	   if( thr != null ) {
>    		   System.out.println( thr.getMessage());
>    	   } else {
>    		   System.out.println("Null error object.");
>
>    	   }
>
>       }
>
> Regardless of the data is sent correctly or not I malway obtain
> "Error"
> message and "Null error object". I want to know when client
> discnnects.
>
> When I am inside HttpRequestHandler the exceptionCaught event is fired
> correctly. What if I am outside ?
>
> regards Olek

Mike McGrady
Principal Investigator AF081-028 AFRL SBIR
Senior Engineer
Topia Technology, Inc
1.253.720.3365
mmcgrady at topiatechnology.com