Question about UDP send

Y. J. Chun monac3 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 22:57:50 EDT 2009

Hello.

My server receives UDP packet and send reply back to the client.
It is working well but I want to specify local address and port to
bind when sending the UDP packet.
Currently i can set only the remote address, and not local address to
bind. Is it possible in netty?

Another side question is, to send udp packet you always have to set
remote address for write method
but if the udp packet is to be sent using same channel that used to
receive packet,
(eg. send using the channel passed from messageReceived()), why not
remote address to be set as the channel's remote address by default?

Thank you always.