FrameDecoder

sohguanh sohguanh at yahoo.com.sg
Mon Sep 28 00:22:05 EDT 2009

Not wanting to flood the forum I tag along my existing topic.

I tried to use the Java NIO API direct and it seems Netty in the process to
provide convenience to developer has open up more ports for each client
connect ?

A simple Server using Java NIO API upon startup will open 2 ports which
Netty also did. But a simple Client using Java NIO API upon connect to the
Server will only open up another 2 more ports which I view using netstat.
This is consistent behavoir I observe.

Now for Netty, every client connect actually open up average 4-6 ports. When
I simulate 100 client connect and then I use netstat, the number of ports
establised is much more than using Java NIO API.

May I know the "extra" ports Netty open under the hoods is for what purposes
? Are there any methods I can call to Netty classes to have the same
behavoir as Java NIO API ? That is, every client connect open 2 more ports
only.

Thanks.