How to fail a channel.write() future in a channel handler?

Alex Wang alex.wang06 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 15:13:16 EDT 2010

Trustin,

Thanks for the reply.  Your code snippets were useful.  What I wanted to do
what to return the future only when some processing is done (i.e. later), so
what I did what to intercept the future in my channel handler's
writeRequested() method and send down a new future along with the event.
This way I can control when the future returns to the caller and not have it
returning prematurely.

Alex