ClosedChannelException with concurrent connections - what am I doing wrong?

Nate Murray nate at natemurray.com
Wed Aug 11 12:43:19 EDT 2010

Hey Marc-André, thanks for helping out.

I've tried setting the number of worker threads like so:

<code>
        ServerBootstrap bootstrap = new ServerBootstrap(
                new NioServerSocketChannelFactory(
                        Executors.newCachedThreadPool(),
                        Executors.newCachedThreadPool(),
                        1000));
</code>

but that still craps out at around 150 concurrent.

I saw some old code on the forums that specified a
<code>MemoryAwareThreadPoolExecutor</code> for the boss and worker thread
pools instead of the <code>Executors.newCachedThreadPool</code>. I tried
that as well, but it didn't seem to help.

I feel that I may be missing something fundamental.