Can I interrupt a worker thread?

Marc-André Laverdière marcandre.laverdiere at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 08:05:51 EDT 2010

This is an interesting thing. I am also wondering how to have
'cancellable' processing. The cancellation event would be once I get a
disconnection.

Since you are likely to be using a thread pool, its a bit hard to know
which thread to call.
By the way, your handler can be executed from different threads, so
storing it wouldn't help.

Interrupting a thread is a bit of an overkill way of informing your
handler, I find. What about having an AtomicBoolean that you check
regularly?

Justin, is there a way we could have this kind of functionality
built-in Netty's API?

Marc-André LAVERDIÈRE
"Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and
complete, not lacking anything." -James 1:4
mlaverd.theunixplace.com/blog

 /"\
 \ /    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
  X      against HTML e-mail