UDP fragmention?

Luis Neves luis.neves at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 13:59:23 EST 2010

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 1:36 PM, "Trustin Lee (이희승)" <trustin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In case of UDP, a packet is truncated or dropped if it is larger than a
> certain size, depending on router configuration.  IPv4 routers truncate
> and IPv6 routers drop IIRC.  That's why it is safe to send small packets
> in UDP.

I was having the exact same problem, reading the source of QOTM server
helped me find the solution, but there seems to be some kind of error.

It reads:

"b.setOption("receiveBufferSizePredictorFactory",new
FixedReceiveBufferSizePredictorFactory(1024));"

Looking at the source the key "receiveBufferSizePredictorFactory"
seems to be completely ignored. what worked from me was:

"b.setOption("receiveBufferSizePredictor",(new
FixedReceiveBufferSizePredictorFactory(1024)).getPredictor());"

--
Luis Neves