Is there way to execute Timer timeouts immediately in the timer thread?

Sergey S sergey.saleev at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 06:50:28 EST 2010

Hi

It looks like HashedWheelTimer doesn't support this. May be somebody knows
workarounds or other timer implementation supporting this?

I need to synchronize processing of asynchronous timer and network events.
In my current implementation timeout just places Runnable to single thread
executor's queue. Spawing new thread on each timeout looks like useless
overhead imo.

Thanks.